Identify Areas of Opportunity
After completing an Assessment, there will likely be many areas of opportunity to explore. Start by visualizing the data.
Path to Agility Navigator has multiple visualization or "heat-map" features:
- Capabilities View: The Capabilities provides a view of Agile Capabilities assessment data. Clicking on an individual Capability will display additional info including acceptance criteria. For more details, see Capabilities
- Prioritization View: The Prioritization view helps determine next actions. It provides the ability to view Team assessment data, and prioritize based on a single target Business Outcome and current progress ratings. Agile Capabilities are then automatically sorted into a suggested priority order. Clicking on an individual Capability will display additional info including acceptance criteria. For more details, see Prioritization
- Map View: The map shows a high-level heatmap of Agile Outcomes across the Path to Agility stages and levels. At the top of the map area, clicking on one or more of the Organization's business outcomes will highlight the related Agile Outcomes on the map. You can interact with the Agile Outcomes in the map to drill down into details as well as Agile Capabilities. For more details, see Map
Prioritize Agile Capabilities
If just getting underway creating a team transformation backlog of action items:
- Start with the Capabilities View as it provided "current state" at a glance
- Then move to the Prioritization View to build out a backlog of next actions
Configure Prioritization View
On the Prioritization View, select the Team from the "Active Org/Sys/Team" drop-down.
Then select a single target Business Outcome as the focus for the Team/System. Note this Business Outcome may be different than the Organizational Business Outcome focus.
Navigator will automatically select the most recent assessment data, then display the Agile Capabilities sorted into a suggested priority order (P2A Index) based on current ratings and the team's focus Business Outcome.
You can drag-and-drop the capabilities to override the suggested priorities. Focus on stack ranking the top 5 to 10 Agile Capabilities.
For more details, see Prioritization
Create Action Items
For the top 3-5 prioritized Capabilities:
- Click on an Agile Capability to display details in Navigator's side panel
- Review and discuss the acceptance criteria with the team. (Additional information is available via the inline video overview.)
- Click the "+" button to create action item(s) to address any gaps or improvement items. As in creating any backlog,
See Actions for more details.
Note: Due to software updates over time, there may be variations between screenshots, icons, buttons, and navigational elements in our online support documents and the Path the Agility Navigator platform